5 WAYS TO TALK TO YOUR TEEN ABOUT WEIGHT
How do I tell a teenager to lose weight and avoid body image issues
Get these tips for free!
Start loving your body and stop feeling guilty around food
It’s all about learning to build healthy habits, live a healthy lifestyle and learn how to manage your thoughts and feelings around food.
I work with teenagers who want to build a healthy lifestyle.
Being a teenager is difficult. You are probably struggling with puberty hormone fluctuations and trying to accept a body that constantly changes. Plus, you have tons of homework for school, you might even have a part -time job or play sports or do other activities that don’t leave you a lot of time to really focus on healthy ways to stop overeating.
I am here to show you it does not have to be a struggle! I created the LIFT Program to help teenagers like you. Talk to your mom to learn if the LIFT Program is a good fit for you.
You are a busy mom, you work hard to provide for your family, you spend so much time and energy to try to have healthy food on the table most days, but you still can’t control what your teenager does.
Your child maybe prefers to have chips or pizza or other fast food. Or your child might have a voracious appetite and even if it’s right after dinner you hear the words “ I am hungry”! You think maybe it’s because of all the puberty hormones, but is this really it or not? You don’t want to hurt their feelings and create body image issues so you let it go but the problem gets bigger and bigger…
It can be very frustrating, it hurts, you wish you could do more but you cant.
I am here to show you it does not have to be a struggle! I created the LIFT Program to help your family.
Lifestyle For Teens –LIFT Program
The LIFT Program is a 12 weeks online group coaching program, specifically designed for teens 13-18 years old, who are looking for support and guidance while they are building healthy habits so they can feel happier, more confident, less stressed, and love their body again.
Every week, for 12 weeks, I will give your family access to pre-recorded videos that will educate teenagers on healthy lifestyle by teaching them basic principles around the 4 pillars of the LIFT Program:
- What are best foods for teenagers
- How to make healthy choices and enjoy food without guilt
- How to know how much to eat
- How to limit overeating
- How to handle cravings
- What is a healthy lunch and dinner for a teenager
- Cooking lessons
2. PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- How to find time to be more active
- What exercise is good for a teenager
- How to make exercise easy
- Learn to recognize uncomfortable emotions
- How to handle stress
- How to handle disappointments
- How poor sleep affects emotions and weight gain
- How to create healthy sleeping habits
- How to love yourself and your body
- How to boost your confidence
- How to manage unhealthy social influences
and other similar topics.
You can watch these videos any time during the week that works for you. That makes it convenient for everyone’s busy schedule. You can attend the program at your own pace so you never feel you are behind.
Every week there will be a workbook around the topic of the week that will help you set realistic goals and take action, because theory alone does not produce results, daily practice creates habits that last.
Every week there will be two separate live group-coaching call (one for moms and one for their teens), where we will celebrate your wins and discuss how to overcome your specific obstacles. You and your child will learn not only from your experience but from the experience of others in the group, who face the same challenges. You will experience the super power of having a strong support group and an accountability partner.
You will have access to weekly healthy and easy recipes for the whole family, so you don’t have to spend time figuring out what to eat every day.
You will be part of a private Facebook group where you can post daily your challenges, your questions, your wins and get instant daily feedback from me and the group, so you don’t feel a single day you are alone in this journey.
This program is for your family if:
- You are a mother of a teenager 13-18 years old who struggles to lose weight.
- You want to fully support your teen create healthy habits that last.
- You are a teenager 13-18 years old who is ready to take action and create healthy habits so you can feel happier, more confident, less stressed, and love your body again.
This program is NOT for your family:
- If you are looking for a quick fix and a magic diet that will drop your size in 2 weeks.
- If you are looking for restrictive diet plans that lead to fast weight loss.
- If you are not willing to change any of your daily habits.
What works for adults, is not always the best for children! The LIFT program is designed to address the unmet needs of teens that struggle to build healthy habits and lose weight and are looking for solutions to their specific needs, that can be different than those of the adults.
The LIFT programis designed by a pediatric endocrinologist, obesity medicine specialist and certified weight loss coach, who understands the importance of achieving and maintaining a healthy weight via a lifestyle change. You can read more about my credentials here ( Click Here ). You can talk to me directly during the initial free consultation, the live webinars and our coaching calls.
The LIFT program is a safe and sustainable program for life, that each family can adjust to their own cultural background. It’s not a magic secret diet, it’s about the mindset behind following a lifestyle.
The LIFT program is designed in a way that teenagers work along with their moms. This is done because teens get better results when their family is involved in helping them create a healthy lifestyle.
The LIFT program offers a safe space for families with teens where they can express their struggles without judgment. You can feel understood and connect with other families that face the same challenges.
Teens and their moms will be coached in two separate live coaching groups each week. I will give your family my full attention, so that both moms and teens have the dedicated time they need to have their unique concerns addressed.
Each coaching group of the LIFT program will be restricted to a maximum of 25 pairs of teenager-mom participants.I want to make sure you get all the attention you deserve during your time with me and that you have the opportunity to feel like family with other members of the group.
The LIFT Program includes cooking classes , specifically made for teens and their moms, so you can prepare food that is healthy and tastes good!
The LIFT Program includes fitness videos for teens, so it is easy for the whole family to exercise at home and have fun while building stronger muscles!
- At the end of the LIFT program, as a mom, you will stop feeling frustrated about what to do to help your teen build healthy habits.
- You will learn how to cook healthy meals for the whole family easily.
- You will have the burden of this responsibility out of your shoulders- I will do all the teaching/coaching with your teen so you don’t have to create tense relationships.
- You will also learn, along with your child, how to eat healthy and be a role model for your family.
- You can also create healthier habits yourself, depending on your starting point and your personal commitment to the program.
- At the end of the LIFT program, as a teen, you will know how to lead a healthy lifestyle without drama and frustration.
- If you take massive action, you will be happier, more confident and less stressed out.
- You will know how to handle the urges and avoid overeating.
- You will learn a new way of eating that is not restrictive.
- You will learn how to love your body.
- You can make new friends that share the same healthy goals as you.
- You will learn how to cook healthy meals easily so you don’t depend on your mom to prepare your food! That’s a skill that will be helpful for the rest of your life!
- You will learn simple fitness exercises that will help you build stronger muscles.
- Maybe you will have more weight to lose or maybe they will be at their ideal weight, that will depend on your starting point and how much personal commitment you will put to the program. However, whatever the case might be, you will have access to all the tools you need to help you build healthy habits and enjoy a life without constant dieting.
Join the waiting list for the next coaching group of the LIFT Program. There is no financial obligation to join the waiting list. It simply means you will be notified when the LIFT program officially opens the doors for enrollment.
Start your journey to a healthy lifestyle today.
Get these free resources to help you right away.
30 EASY AND HEALTHY RECIPES FOR TEENS
What to feed a teenager who is always hungry? What to cook for lunch/dinner for a teen?
6 WAYS TO HELP TEENAGERS LIVE HEALTHY & LOVE THEIR BODY
6 good habits for teens to help them build a healthy lifestyle